For three weeks in November and December 2021, NewsSpectrum Fellow Albert Voncina moved from the small Slovenian minority-language daily Primorski dnevnik, published in Trieste, to L’Espresso, one of Italy’s most influential weekly magazines with a circulation over 200,000 copies, based in Rome.
During his NewsSpectrum fellowship, Albert contributed to several investigative stories on a variety of topics – from migration, COVID-19 vaccination, the business of selling weapons, etc. – but the outcome of his study visit to Rome surpasses the list of his articles published by l‘Espresso.
👏Happy to announce that our #NewsSpectrum could support the fellowship of @primorskiD journalist Albert Voncina at @espressonline. He published different articles in Italian such as: https://t.co/APAON0slnV + https://t.co/1YLcRvqEG6
Enjoy📰! #MediaEU #journalism #EUjournalism pic.twitter.com/I8n4qqJcFJ
— Midas – Minority Dailies Association (@DailiesMidas) January 10, 2022
Investigative skills, data-driven journalism and audience engagement were broader focuses of his study visit to the L’Espresso newsroom. Albert also used this opportunity to refine his journalistic writing skills in Italian, his second language.
His cooperation with L’Espresso will be continued after this fellowship as he is expected to regularly contribute to the magazine from Primorski dnevnik in Trieste.
- Errori di comunicazione e poca fiducia nel governo: perché la Slovenia è terreno fertile per i no vax ( L'Espresso )
- Il Covid risparmia i signori delle armi: nuovo record di vendite. Nella top 100 anche Leonardo e Fincantieri ( L'Espresso )
- Patrick Zaki sarà scarcerato, ma non assolto ( L'Espresso )
- Migranti, la tragedia lungo il fiume: un dramma silenzioso sul confine di Schengen ( L'Espresso )
- Il dramma dei genitori in Afghanistan: costretti a vendere i propri figli per sfamare il resto della famiglia ( L'Espresso )
- In Europa aumentano i morti dove si vaccina di meno ( L'Espresso )
- Quando le Olimpiadi diventano un campo di battaglia politico: storie di boicottaggi e di esclusioni ( L'Espresso )