Al-Fanar Media has teamed up with podium.me to produce The Anglo-Arab Voice, a series of podcasts delving into the world of what it means to be a British-Arab living in the United Kingdom.
For the series, student journalists who live and study in the U.K. interviewed various personalities, from a cardiologist to a classical music duo. The interviewers asked their guests about their work, their life as Arabs, and how they can influence the next generation of the Arab diaspora. The producers write that listening to this podcast series will take you into the heart of what Arab culture and heritage can do personally and professionally to enhance everyday life in Britain.
Nine podcasts (all listed below) were produced and made available both on Al-Fanar Media (in English and Arabic) and on Podium.me.
The Anglo-Arab Voice is produced by NewsSpectrum Fellow Petra Ayar Jahchan of Al-Fanar Media in collaboration with Camilla Byk from Podium.me.
Al-Fanar Media teamed up with https://t.co/wAxF9nflIy to bring you “The Anglo-Arab Voice”, a series of podcasts delving into the world of what it means to be a British-Arab living in the UK.https://t.co/UTfRLJub8shttps://t.co/wAxF9nflIy‘s SoundCloud: https://t.co/FEbhhD5vRq pic.twitter.com/6NDWvXWcDJ
— AlFanarMedia (@AlFanarMedia) March 10, 2022
Episodes are available on:
- Podium.me’s SoundCloud
- Al-Fanar Media’s Youtube Channel
- Al-Fanar Media’s Podcasts.
Podcasts in English and Arabic
- Tony Kitous, Founder of Comptoir Libanais, Yalla Yalla and Shawa Restaurants ( Al-Fanar Media )
- Leila Aboulela, Fiction Writer ( Al-Fanar Media )
- Dr. Ramzi Khamis, Cardiologist ( Al-Fanar Media )
- Ayoub Sisters – Multi-Instrumental Music Duo ( Al-Fanar Media )
- Fadi Itani – CEO of Muslim Charities Forum ( Al-Fanar Media )
- Yamam Nabeel, Co-Founder of Art Forward Media ( Al-Fanar Media )
- Joumana Medlej, a Kufic Calligraphy Artist ( Al-Fanar Media )
- Razan Al-Sous, Founder of Yorkshire Dama Cheese ( Al-Fanar Media )
- Zeinab Badawi, Broadcast Journalist & President of the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) ( Al-Fanar Media )